Thank you for using MySousChef. This policy explains what we do with the information we collect on our site. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
When we say “we,” “us,” and “MySousChef,” we’re referring to MySousChef.co.uk owned by Olympus Associates Ltd a limited liability company. When we say “you” or “Member,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Service. A “Subscriber” is a person you contact through our Service. We offer the Service on our website www.MySousChef.co.uk, while providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about a Member or Subscriber.
4. Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter please refer to the contact us page
5. Information We Collect
- Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you’ve taken within the application.
- Cookies and Tracking: When you use MySousChef, we may store “cookies,” “tags,” or “scripts,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We and our analytics Service Providers use those cookies to collect information about your visit and your use of our Website or Services. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use some aspects of the Services.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of our Service. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for our Service, we may send you an email asking if you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email about it. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. We will never have your credit card details.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like solicitors and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer. This includes aggregating information from your use of the Services and sharing such Aggregated Information with third parties.
Public Information and Third Parties
- Blog. We may have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, . If we’re unable to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
- Social Media Platforms and Widgets. Our Websites may include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. We also maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Service Providers. If it’s necessary to provide you something you’ve requested, like enable a feature like Social Profiles, then we may share your personal information to a Service Provider for that purpose. We’ll tell you we’re working with a Service Provider whenever reasonably possible, and you may request at any time the name of our Service Providers.
Contest and Promotions
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information like your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We also may, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
Your Distribution Lists
Your information is stored on a secure MySousChef server. We don’t, under any circumstances, sell your information. Only authorised employees have access to view your information.
We’ll use and disclose the information only for the reasons listed under Use of Your Personal Information. We will use the information to:
- Bill or collect money owed to us;
- Send you system alert messages;
- Communicate with you about your account; or
- Send you informational and promotional content.
If we detect abusive or illegal behaviour related to your account, we may share your information with appropriate authorities.
Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody is safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then MySousChef will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
MySousChef accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because your information is sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
Accuracy of Data, Transparency and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We’ll retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
We’ll give an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request this information from us by . Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any Personal Information about an individual at their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update his or her personal information.